My Crew

My Crew

Friday, June 22, 2012

You don't have to attend every fight you're invited to.



Philippians 4:11-13


It's been said that women who are "catty" (or constantly competing with other women by tearing them down) are simply just insecure. Or have a low self-esteem.

Every woman I know is insecure about something. But not every one of them is "catty". So therefore, this conclusion cannot be true. In fact, I find that blaming your "low self-esteem" (even if it's true) can be used as a copout of a true apology.

Ladies, I'm sorry, but there's never an excuse for belittling another person, on ANY level.


If you really, truly feel that you are doing SO much better than another woman, then help her out. Don't belittle her! Think: How will I be any sort of support system, if she finds me threatening? How can I teach her to better herself if she is intimidated by my presence? 

I was belittled in an interview today...by a 6 year old girl! Go ahead and laugh... I'll wait. It was even about my mothering skills! Aah! I instantly wanted to say something snotty and put her in "her place" (where was her mom anyway!?) But thankfully the Lord held my tongue. How would I defend my position with words if I couldn't do it with my actions? She was innocent. So I just responded yes or no to each of her hurtful questions, followed by a "why do you ask?" She then told me something that I wasn't expecting.... that two other women had been speaking ill of me and she wanted to know if what they were saying was true. I was really hurt. I instantly felt insecure and doubtful. Then I felt angry. Anger not for me, but for the little girl. She had witnessed adults being immature. She might even go on to think this is appropriate behavior. Not cool ladies... not cool.

There is no way to be a perfect mother... but a million ways to be a good one. I try.



Live in such a way, that if someone were to speak badly of you...no one would believe it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment